Cannabidiol (CBD) is a type of naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis (marijuana and hemp) plants. A number of researches have been carried out to check if CBD oil can help in dealing with anxiety, and many have shown significant relief. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is another kind of cannabinoid that doesn’t cause intoxication or make you feel high, which you may associate with when using cannabis products or leaves.
Researchers believe that cannabidiol has many health benefits, which ranges from slowing down the cancer cell’s growth to mental health improvement. CBD oil is edible and it can be even used as cooking oil or can be added to food as topping. Cannabidiol is available in many forms such as CBD gummies, drinks, cookies, vapes etc. You can easily choose the best option for you to reduce anxiety.
CBD gummies are a good way to consume cannabidiol. They can also be prepared at home using gelatine, fruit juice, and CBD tincture. You can also buy the readymade high-quality CBD gummies and also other wide range of CBD products from reputed online stores like JustCBDStore.com
How does CBD work?
- There are different receptors in the human body. Generally, receptors are the protein-based chemical structures that are attached to cells. They pick up signals from different stimulants.
- CBD interacts with receptors, both CB1 and CB2. These are usually found in the CNS (Central nervous system).
- CBD affects the CB1 receptor by altering the serotonin signals.
- Serotonin plays an important role in your mental health, it is a neurotransmitter. Anxiety is usually caused when there are low levels of serotonin.
Potential benefits of CBD:
- For generalized anxiety
National Institute of Drug abuse (NIDA) suggests that CBD was tested on rats and the stress was reduced in those animals.
In these animals, their psychological symptoms of anxiety, such as increased heart rate were improved.
- Other kinds of anxiety
CBD also helps people with different kinds of anxiety
There are many different forms of anxiety:
- Social Anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
It is also found that it has helped in treating anxiety-induced insomnia.
Through researches, it has been shown that the SAD and PTSD patients who took CBD were found to reduce anxiety levels.
- Treatment of neurological disorders
The use of CBD for the treatment of neurological disorders was quite common between 1500 and 3000 B.C. Early, it was used to treat headaches. However, now many researchers claim that use of CBD can help treat neurological disorders.
From the above points, the potential benefits of the CBD oil are clear that it has many properties that can be used for the treatment of anxiety in humans. You can either consume CBD oil directly or use CBD infused other edibles like gummies.
To see desired results, one must know how much dosage is required when consuming CBD gummies or tincture. Only the right amount of dosage will help you get relief from anxiety and depression.