Since the coronavirus pandemic is spreading in almost all the corners of the world, people are now trying to find new ways to prevent it. Well, till date we don’t know everything about the virus, but fortunately there is certain information depending on which we can take precautionary measures.
Here we have discussed a few ways in which employers can stop the spread of coronavirus amongst their employees, and thereby keep their workplace safe. After all, the responsibility of preventing covid-19 spread doesn’t reside on any one section of the society, and thus all of us need to work together.
How does Coronavirus spread?
Coronavirus spreads just like flu. When an infected individual sneezes, coughs or exhales, they release minor droplets of infected fluid. These droplets spread on nearby surfaces like desks, chairs, phones, computers, etc. Now, when anyone touches their nose, mouth or eyes after touching these contaminated surfaces, they could get infected with coronavirus.
Also, if a person is standing within one meter of an infected person, they can catch the virus by breathing in the droplets of infected fluid. Keeping this in mind, it is best if every employer orders N95 face masks available in bulk for their staff members. Since the disease spreads mostly by respiration, masks are one of the most effective gadgets to keep us safe.
Fortunately, there are companies like customearthpromos.com which manufacture many different types of N95 and 3 Ply face masks. Their masks are not just high in quality, but are also available at competitive rates when ordered in bulk.
Preventing Covid-19 spread in offices
There are many measures which an employer can take to prevent coronavirus spread in their office. Some of these measures are:
- Keeping the workplace clean and hygienic.
- Cleaning all the surfaces like desks, tables and chairs with disinfectant regularly.
- Ensuring employees are washing hands frequently using soap or are using sanitizers.
- Ensuring employees are wearing masks and even hand gloves.
- Advising employees to stay at home even if they experience mild symptoms.
Dealing with coronavirus while planning meetings and events
Measures to take before any meeting or event:
- Consider arranging a meeting over internet or go for a teleconference.
- If a face to face meeting is necessary, make sure that the number of participants is less.
- Order enough supplies of masks, hand sanitizers, tissues, etc.
- Contact and advise all the participant in advance that if they are experiencing any symptoms, they shouldn’t attend the meeting.
- Take contact details of all the participants, and visitors at the event.
Measures to take during any meeting or event:
- Practice ways to greet each other without touching.
- Make sure participants regularly wash or sanitize their hands.
- Make sure participants cover their mouth while coughing or sneezing.
- If there is enough space, arrange seating at least a meter apart.
- Ensure that all the windows at the venue are open for proper ventilation.
- Call hotline immediately if anyone falls sick at the event.
Measures to take after any meeting or event:
- Retain the contact details of every participant for at least a month.
- If any participant is tested covid-19 positive after the meeting, inform other participants.
- Advice those who are experiencing mild symptoms to self-isolate themselves.
Now it is the time to take action against Covid-19. No matter how important your work is, don’t organize a meeting or event without taking proper measures.